Sunday, April 4, 2010

We Will Miss You Grandpa Werts!

Grandpa Werts passed peacefully into Heaven on March 22nd.  It was a shock to all of us and it still really doesn't seem real. He was such a great guy and loved having the great grandkids around.  The top picture is him playing with Evie the Monday before he passed away - its the last picture of him alive.  His quick departure makes me think Grandma had something to do with it because her passing was so painful and drawn out that Grandpa could have a quick and painless one.  Well, they are both in Heaven now watching over us. Holidays just won't be the same without him and neither will I for that matter. I little piece of me died that day also, but I have so many awesome memories to treasure.  Thanks for being such a wonderful grandparent, Grandpa. I loved you soooo much, and will miss you tons, but I'll be seeing you on the flipside in due time.  It won't be long and we'll all be together having a grand ole time in Heaven. Until then, I hope you check in on us often and keep watch over us to guide us on the right path. Love You!!!

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Beautiful post Carey! Love you guys and still thinking of you in your loss. Grandparents are so special and continue to watch over us from Heaven. Your kids will treasure these pictures later! Love ya!