Sunday, February 13, 2011

February Thaw

 We decided to head out to Schramm to enjoy the beautiful weather today and to feed the fish and ducks/geese. There was a lot more snow than I thought there would be. I think its melting slow for how warm its been.
 We had a lot of snowballs flying. Colleen and Clint met us out there. We had some friendly competition going to see who had the most accurate aim.
 Beautiful Gracie!
 Here she is posing with her snowman head -the corn is his mouth.
 The favorite activity of the day was splashing in all the water. I had to refrain several times to tell them to quit.
 Clothes, boots, socks, coats, hands all muddy/wet, but they had a blast!
 Here Evie is getting up after falling down in the mud.
 Evie splashing in the water.
It was such a workout and the freshly melted snow looked so good,  Evie just wanted to quench her thirst. Luckily, she couldn't get down far enough to suck any up.  And, yes, I'm that Mom who instead of stopping her children from doing something gross/messy/potentially dangerous, I would rather take a picture. :)

1 comment:

Maria, Anthony Charlie and Maggie said...

I love it!!! And my beautiful Schramm!! I've missed it!! I can't wait to get out there again, SOON!!