Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Catching Bouncers

 It was straight out of the storybook of Peter Rabbit and I was Mr. McGregor. I happened to notice a small rabbit in my garden and like fools, we all surrounded the garden and tried to catch this rabbit bare-handed.
 Then, genius Gracie went and got her $1 target net and we tried that.  It got away into the neighboring lot that is full of weeds and Hoff hopped around after it in the tall grass like a gazelle and somehow it made its way back into my garden.
 I finally was able to catch him; hiding under my cucumbers.
 He was a cute little fellow with sharp claws and unfortunately he was a slow hopper.
 The girls got to pet him and then we let the little fella go. Hopefully he don't come back to my garden for some lunch.
 The next night I was watering my flower pots, when a frog came hopping out. Of course, this was the best thing ever to Gracie.  She and Evie played with it for a while (yes in my house)
I told her we had to let it go or it would die.  I felt a little bad.  She lifted the little guy up to her shoulder and cradled it (as if giving it a hug) and says to it while balling hysterically, "I'm gonna miss you SO much!" :( tear. And five minutes later, she forgot all about him.

No comments: