Sunday, August 21, 2011

Iowa State Fair 2011

 I wanted to check out a bigger fair this year and got an itch to check this one out. After all, it supposed to be the fair of fairs and its only a couple hours away from us!  Here the girls are as horse queens!
 I thought this was a cool picture...that horse would stomp those girls!  Colleen, Mom and Dad also decided to make the trek to the fair as well and we met up with them.
 Looks at these prize winning kids...wonder who entered them into the fair?
 Gracie was brave enough to pet this pig on the nose...gross!  They also had two humongous hogs there!
 Gracie showing a hog :)
 Evie showing a hog :)
 Papa and the girls looking at a horse.
 Evie finally fell asleep after putting on a horrible display of "I'm tired and cranky and I'm already in my terrible two's" It was not pretty!
 Wow!  Look at those pumpkins! Wish I could grow some like it and by the way Gracie, it says don't touch!
 Look at that crowd! We were nuts for going on the first Saturday of opening week.  SO many people...almost drove ya nuts.  Move it people!
 Evie and I and Colleen and Gracie leading the group down the slide!  The girls had a lot of fun!
 We made it to the bottom!
 Gracie wanted to go again, so she went with Hoff and he let her go down on her own!  The guy at the top had an extra bag and Gracie wanted to go down by herself.  It made me a little nervous, but she did fine!
We watched this (stupid) circus show...Evie sat real nice with Papa and Grandma Jo and watched it.  Gracie was putting on her own show dancing crazily to the music - I liked that show the best!  We ended the day with a meal at the famed Machine shed - I had chicken pot pie that was very good.  I didn't notice, but Dad did - I seen a bus in the parking lot(walked right next to it - just thought it was a bus of old people), but it was presidental candidate Michelle Bachman - she had just one the Iowa Straw thingy.  Anywho, long but good day!

No comments: