Monday, September 13, 2010

Gracie's In Dance School

This is Gracie in her little dance outfit.  Today was her first class. They meet every Monday from 4 - 4:30. At first I thought that wasn't a very long time, but after sitting in the class today, that's long enough.
Here's most of the girls (there were a few straglers). The girls sitting on either side of Gracie are the neighbor Ellie (black) and her friend from daycare Emma (Pink).  I think it was good that she knew Emma.  She does well with her.
Here they are hopping like bunnies.  I sat through the whole practice cause other moms were. You aren't supposed to. Gracie had to be the worst listener of the bunch.  She beats to a beat of a different drum I guess.
Here they are galloping like ponies.  For the first 10 minutes they did stretch exercises.  Then they did stuff like this and the bunny hopping.  They did wheelbarrels. Gracie did well at that.  Then they danced to a song that had them dancing like animals (frog, cat, monkey, elephant).
This is more pony galloping. Gracie announced to everyone when the class was over, "Its over Mommy."  Then she ran around cause she didn't want to leave.  I had to bribe her with icecream.  Hopefully next Monday she'll listen better. I don't think I'll watch this next time and pretend she did better. :) She had a ton of fun!

No comments: