Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Makin Cake Pops!

 When Hoff's side comes over for birthdays, I get to be creative and make the cake/dessert. Last year for Gracie's birthday we had the pumpkin roll up thingy and this year she's requested pumpkin pie for her birthday (she likes pumpkin).
 Gracie took this picture; excuse my unfinished look. I was decorating a pig.
 Then, I noticed she was taking pictures of me. :)
 Of course, Evie's birthday theme this year was Old McDonald cause she loves it so much. I girl at work had brought a book full of different things you can make out of these cake pops. So, I wanted to try it out! These are my chicks!
 I learned one thing during the process - you can't dye almond bark - FYI. It just clumps together and never thins out no matter  how much you microwave it.  You can get all of your supplies at Walmart! And they are very easy to make - just time consuming. It took Gracie and I 3 hrs to coat them with almond bark and decorate all 42 of them. That is one cake box by the way.
 Here are my sheep - they were the hardest and nobody wanted to eat them cause they had too much crunchies. I'd do them differently next time.  That's the beauty of trying something new - you learn!
 Gracie had a blast decorating and eating some lots of the candy decorations.
Her and I had a ton of fun making them - talk about using your creative side! We will make these again! And if you want to ...just google cake pops - so easy.

No comments: